Real Estate Solicitor NQ - 3PQE
The job has expired.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
We are recruiting for a Solicitor to join our Real Estate group in Glasgow. The successful candidate will help to deliver clean energy developments and deal with the property aspects of the financing and disposal of clean energy projects.
The candidate will report to the Head of the Scottish Real Estate team and will also be involved in general commercial property work, with a particular focus on property finance, retail and leisure and property investment work. As part of the Clean Energy sector group, the candidate will be expected to work with colleagues across our offices to assist in the delivery of projects.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Play a key role in the development of the Clean Energy/Renewables practice in Scotland.
- Work with Renewable energy developers, lenders, investors and where appropriate landowners and ensuring strong, on-going relationships are built.
- Deal with all property aspects of clean energy projects, in particular title due diligence and reporting, drafting and negotiating options and leases, project due diligence and reporting, drafting and negotiating certificates of title, project finance support, corporate real estate support.
- Be involved in general commercial leasing work for retail and leisure client, residential development disposals and commercial and residential development work.
- Support our property finance team, dealing with standard securities, reporting on title and carrying out property due diligence for funders.
- Contribute to business development initiatives and will be expected to attend property/ renewables focussed events.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with up to 3 years PQE
- Own renewables experience; this is desirable although not essential provided the candidate has an interest in this area of work.
- Dual qualification in England & Wales would be useful but is not essential.
- Own a basic knowledge of planning law
- Have the ability to network and raise the profile of the renewable/clean energy offering in Scotland.
- Own real estate experience either as a trainee or solicitor from a market leading firm in Scotland.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
About The Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.